Drive Safe

I just called to tell you drive safe.
Will I see you in the morning?
I live my day not knowing the answer
holding onto mere faith
that tonight,
I'll see you pull up in the driveway.

I just wanna feel your touch
cause I don't think I had enough.

I'll keep myself busy
while you are away.
I'll grow to be the best of me
while counting hours to your return,

because that smile is worth the wait :)

***

To you, whose smile lights up my world
please drive wherever you wanna go
follow whichever road life prompts you to go
explore the path you're eager to travel.

I, too, will drive to my destination.
I, too, will follow to where life takes me.
I, too, will explore the path that I think is right for me.
I am terribly scared
but one thing you've showed me is
that I can do it.
You believe in me
you assure me
that I can always rest before continuing the journey.

For now, I can still go home to you at night.
For now, you can still wake up to me in the morning.
For now, we can still make do with what we have.

Maybe one day, our lives end up growing in separate directions
that we will be forced to make new homes elsewhere.
I will be torn apart.
I will be broken to pieces.
I promise, though, that I'll face it bravely
because you taught me how to be strong
and with that I'm sure
that I can manage life even without you.

***

Inspired by Rich Brian - Drive Safe from his new album The Sailor. Dude be dropping fire and wearing his roots on his sleeves I 'mire.

Comments

Popular Posts